Money Diaries: Mar 2019
This month, I had a discussion with friends about what's our relationship with money, and I find myself in the crossroad of what's my purpose of spending. It was once clear to me that I am but a steward of what God has given me, and abundance is there because of His presence. However, I had cruised life sideways now, not putting Him in the picture when I spend. People may not see it, but I have disappointment issues. The truth lies with the Lord of Host.
We conclude that what we seek with money - the status, the security, the satisfaction, the gains - is found in Jesus alone. As John Piper says - God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
About this month Expenses, it's nowhere near the standard I like to reach:
- An iPhone cover that is dreamy with floating stars. Mahal though
- Indoor pot plant, two cushion, dark-out curtain
- Silicon lid for cup
- Laptop rest, iPad stand
- A reference book on Pukka tea
- Omakase dining; Salted Egg Dry Hotpot from FoodPanda
- A RM100 fabric shoe that I hope would last forever
- Forget to buy toilet roll when I need it so I took some from the office.
- Garnet popcorn is my new favorite snack. Expensive but such a good treat to share with friends.
- Shopping high street fashion. I am determined to buy less. Yet, it doesn't help when these are priced at RM120-300 each.
- Watch Netflix all weekend
- It's service tax month for nearly all the credit cards: RM175
- All the 20 cents flimsy plastic bag because I can't carry things without one. Why can't they issue paper bag instead.
- Old things sold : RM163
- Income from P2P funding : RM77
- Tax refund: RM730 bonus to fixed deposit.
- Fund ETFs: Motivate my brother to save by 1:1 matching his savings into the same investment fund. He saved RM100.
- Applied for Maybank housing loan and they are asking me to sign a wavier of rights to get an attorney for the loan. Like ever for the next 25 years!? Someone from BNM need to step in for public interest.
- Exploring credit card cashback hacks: RM235
- Apply for a job. In the mean time, focus at work and say no to time consuming "initiatives activity"
- Go for violin practice session, swimming lesson, practice French. Learn and understand street fighting math.
- Watch The Avenger!! A must do.
- Read 10 pages a day. Current book: What's so amazing about grace? by Philip Yancey.
- Cook the famous #thestew